Annual General Meeting
Date: March 6, 2017
Leader: not applicable
Contact Number: 07912514183
Annual General Meeting Monday 6th March
Please attend our annual general meeting if you are able to do so and make your opinions and ideas known so that the club is run in a way that reflects the wishes of the members. You will have the opportunity to raise any issues you wish under the agenda item “Any other business”. Elections are due for the positions of Secretary and 3 Ordinary Members of the committee: one member will not be standing for re-election. The meeting will be held at Proactive Gas Safety which has relocated to 4 Mere View Barns, Park Lane, Pickmere, WA6 0LG (O.S. Grid ref. SJ 688773). The drive entrance is immediately after the Mere Lane turning when approaching from the Red Lion direction. Please do not park on the gravel. The venue will be open at 7.15 pm and the meeting will commence at 7.30 pm.
Summer Walks Programme
- We are keen to establish how far members prefer to walk in time to influence the Summer Walks Programme. Please let David Dean know asap by email (email@example.com) or `phone (01606 77883) the length of walk you prefer a) in relatively flat areas b) in typical Peak District terrain. Ideally we would like to organize walks with a cut off to make possible long and short walk options but this would usually require each walk to have 2 leaders.
- Walks are required now for the summer programme. As always new leaders are encouraged to step forward. If you would like some support when planning and doing a recce of a walk for the programme, one of the current walk leaders will be glad to help. Please submit details of walks that you are willing to lead to David Dean asap and in any case by Monday 6th March (date of AGM) either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copy to 87 Cromwell Road, Winnington, Northwich, CW8 3BW. For each walk the following details are requested:
– Preferred dates and dates not available
– Brief walk title / walk location
– walk length in miles including shorter alternative if feasible
– an assessment of whether the walk is easy (flat), moderate or hard (hilly) by the standards of the club
– starting / parking location by name
– O.S. Grid reference of start point / car parking location with area letters (as in the Grid ref. for the AGM venue above)
– your name
– your telephone number
– your mobile telephone number if available
4 Mere View Barns WA16 0LG
OS Grid Reference:SJ 688773
Latitude / Longitude: 53.29011264780113, -2.4614306455077894
Members intending to walk should telephone the leader to confirm the venue, starting time and Map ref. before 7 P.M. the previous evening.
- Walks will start at the stated time; only a few minutes grace will be allowed.
- Guests are normally welcome but members should consult the Chairperson or leader before inviting them. Guests should be advised about adequate clothing and footwear before embarking on any walks.